Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eat the fucking cucumber!

Is this a necessary battle? Eat your [insert veggie here] please. OK, eat 4 bites. Fine, eat 2. You are not leaving this table until you eat [said veggie]! You have 2 choices, eat [the damn veggie] or go to bed!
She's in bed.
I let her choose her own ensembles on the weekends. Choose her hairstyle. I try to give her at least two options in order to maintain some control & provide her with the capabilities to make decisions on her own.
Who wins these battles? Nobody. She was sad. I was both sad & irritated. Her father was adamant that we stick to our guns. Her brother wanted to play with her.I don;t want to spend my life yelling. But I can't just allow her to rule the house. I don't want to spend the time we have together doing anything other than laughing, playing and snuggling.
I have no problem taking away the computer, t.v. time or playdates. But for some reason limiting her time with "us" is hard for me to do. For her father its a piece of cake. He works 60 hours a week. Doesn't he want to cherish the few moments he has with her every other weekend? Or is he 100% right & I'm a sap?




2 comments:

Mama2Monkeys said...

oh dear. my boys chew up chicken latley and just spit it out. i cant get them to eat anything BUT vegetables. so. at least your kid eats something.

Judy said...

you are SO not alone. and NO you're not a sap-you're a consistent momma who's teaching your child boundaries and to eat her damn veggies already! ;)