Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Monday, August 17, 2009

I am having a "meltdown"


I went to the health food store today & spent nearly $200. A dear old friend of mine works there & we chatted for a few moments. At one point she said, "Look at you with all this energy, working full-time & taking care of those 2 kids!" WHO?! ME? What energy? I am running on empty. Clearly it is my insanity coming thru that people perceive as energy. I am not even awake. But here I sit, blogging. With 9 windows open between my 2 monitors. I did manage to take a shower but the thought of blow-drying my hair is exhausting. I set my alarm for 6:3 every morning & am lucky to get up by 7:15. I am the Queen of Snooze. This is my question: How do women really do this? My daughter will buy school lunches (again) this fall. I will devote my time as VP of the PTO but that's it. The housekeeper remains. I wonder if she'll put the laundry away & clean the oven. My daughter wants a blog of her own. She told me she tried to sign up for Twitter today because she wants to be just like me. She has no clue that's the biggest compliment she could pay me.
~Queen Crazy Mum of Insanityville

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I see a future blogger at your home! Enjoying your blog.
Sara

QueenCrazyMum said...

Thank you! Still feeling my way around...

Heather said...

I just found you through twittermoms and I LOVE your blog! I can't believe your 6 year old wants to sign up on twitter! Too cute! And I'm with you... I don't know how people work full time and take care of a house and family and still have so much energy! I just started working last week and I'm exhausted! Maybe I should stop staying up so late reading blogs.... :)

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

LOVE your blog, Heather! I'm following you from twittermoms and look forward to reading more!

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Just wandering through via Twitter Moms. It's nice to "meet" you!

(BTW, I'm now following you!)

=)