Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Key to...


...life? success? happiness? your mind? I am reading these stories written by religious women and they are deep, profound & tear-jerking. This is foreign to me. This "faith". This ability to embrace God giving us more than we can handle. The injustice of losing a child. Suffering through illness and death. Yet these women are strong, inspired, motivating and easy to relate to. They are pro-life. Causing me to redefine that term. Pro-life. For life. Aren't we all? I mean I blew the whole sex before marriage thing & I will fight for woman's' rights until I can no longer speak but I have finally begun to fathom why certain women feel this way. It started when I met my Yin. I am her Yang. She is a republican. I am a democrat. She is pro-life. I am pro-choice. She chooses her words carefully. I swear like a trucker & outside of a professional environment blurt out the first thoughts that pop into my demented mind. But we are so much alike it is frightening. We are strong, We are competitive (me more than her), we are driven & we take motherhood & friendship very seriously. I am learning. I hope I am shedding some light on this side as well. ~Queen Crazy Mum of Insanityville

6 comments:

Theta Mom said...

I think the sisterhood among mothers is what truly unites us as women.

QueenCrazyMum said...

We can have NOTHING else in common-but we are all mothers. You are so right.

Annabel Hine said...

I love this post! When I was younger I had to cling to some kind of self-created seperateness in order to know who I am by fiercely, desperately defending who I thought I was not. The more I grow (and motherhood is such a big part of that) the more I become Annabel, instead of just "not this" or "not that." I believe things now that I NEVER would have predicted ten years ago, five years ago, last year...it's awesome. I love my thirties! So nice to see your cyber-face, Heather! xo

QueenCrazyMum said...

Exactly-being defiant by being myself-feeling the need to stand for "something" yet not really knowing what I was so mad about. Motherhood does make you come into your own. More so as the years pass & with each child! Well put. Nice to reconnect with you as well. I recall you as the feisty girl at The Scotch. So lovely to see you as a mom.

Anonymous said...

Hey Yang. I love this post. I think what makes our friendship good and the world leaders should really pay attention to this is that we listen to each others point of view. I dont think you have to change your beliefs but you have to respect one another. We all come from different roots of life which impacts how we see the world.

QueenCrazyMum said...

We don't expect the other to change. Why are simple respect and dignity so rare?