Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Crazy As A Shithouse Rat

Monday, August 31, 2009

I used to have OCD but now I just don't have the time



Before I had children I was the Queen of OCD. It physically hurt me when someone did the following: sat on my couch (therefore messing up the pillows I had arranged "just so"), actually used my good hand towels, basically moved ANYTHING out of its' "place", or so much as breathed near my food. Now-2 kids later-my couch & its' countless pillows look like they played 52 card pick-up, I don't even own good towels anymore, a basket is the perfect place for just about anything and I am not even phased by sharing food/drink with any child that is related to me. Much less wiping their snot on my pants/sleeve if necessary. I used to require nice things. Now I frequent the dollar spot at Target so that I can throw stuff out if anything happens to it. As for the perfect house? OVER IT! I did hire a housekeeper a few weeks ago but she went on vacation & now my kitchen floor is a little sticky. Old me-stayed up all night cleaning & sanitizing. Mom me-fuck that. Life is too short. *Please note I am not making fun of OCD-I really am nuts-I just deal with it differently. ~Queen Crazy Mum of Insanityville

No comments: